Sunday, November 15, 2009

All I want for Christmas is....



MAKEUP! Well, not really but during the holidays cosmetic companies release one of a kind holiday arrangements. One of the ones I happened to stumble upon and purchase was the Mini Merries nail polish collection from O.P.I. I love O.P.I. because the most creative names. They have two kits all holiday themed based on the color. The collection I bought includes Comet Loves Cupid (a bright christmas red), All A-bordeaux the Sled (a lovely dark wine red, my favorite), Holiday Glow (a dark brown with small silver and gold specs), and Shimmery Chic (a coppery brown with iridescent glitter flakes.) What I love about O.P.I. nail polish is that it goes on thick and has a great shine after you put it on. Remember to get the actual effect of the nail polish color on your nail you need TWO coats! This lil collection was $9.95 at Ulta.

Another nail polish that I've recently discovered that I like and you can get for $2.99 each is the nail polish from Rimmel London. They have a ton of different colors ranging from your traditional reds and pinks, but also have a great new selection of metallic purples, greens, and blues. I like the fact that they advertise that they dry in 60 seconds and have a "quick and precise" brush.

I used to not be a big fan of nail polish for fear that my nails would turn yellow (not true by the way). Then for my best friends wedding I put on acrylic nails, which looked GORGEOUS, but of course the upkeep of acrylic nails can get quite pricey, so I took them off. Well unfortunately, the acrylics ended up ruining my nails and they took a month to heal from that trauma. So in the meantime I had my nails short and with dark nail polish. I love it! Thats how I have them now and am always looking for new dark colors to try.

I love getting suggestions from people on what to try, so if you have something that you know you wont spend money on unless you know its good, let me know and I'll do the spending and trying. After all, I'm the addicted one ;). I just bought the Philosophy face cleanser and a Too Faced blush, insight to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment