Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Why write?



Hey all! I've been wanting to write a blog for a long time but never knew what I would write about. I keep my own written journal and really didn't want to write in detail about my life and I knew one day it would come to me. My grand idea...well at least to me. A few days ago, I realized how informative I could be giving reviews on makeup products that I love, try, and use. It may seem like waste of time to some, but why not share ways we can all look and feel beautiful!

Post breakup, where most people eat their way through a depression or rack up their credit card bills, my shop therapy consisted of clothes and makeup. Mostly makeup. I've always loved trying new products and have some products that I cant live without. So basically, this is my sharing to the world what I like, what's worked for me.

It all started in college and I loved my best friend Alicia's eyeshadow. She always had this great shimmery cream color on her lid and a light brown on top.

Shimmering Sands (110) Trio eyeshadow from Cover Girl. I recently gave this to my sister as part of her birthday present. Its a tried and true color combo and every girl needs that.

As you will notice during my posts, thanks to my best friend Courtney I have acquired two more cosmetic obsessions. Mascara and Bare Escentuals. I have quite a collection of mascaras and as I go through my makeup journey/addiction I will post which ones I like the most.

My never fail mascara is the big yellow one: The Collosal Volume Exoress from Maybelline New York. It definitely gives that full volume and length that you are looking for in a mascara (if that is what you are looking for). If you like your eyelashes to stay the way they look when you first put on your mascara, this mascara has a firm hold on your lashes.

These are my two favorites that I'll write on today. Look for my reviews on Bare Escentuals products.

My philosophy is instead of being depressed why not find ways to make yourself look and feel good!

2 comments:

  1. i think makeup is a good idea for a blog :) everytime i'm the the makeup section, i can never make up my mind on what to buy because I'm afraid I won't like it.and in magazines they usually tell you to buy the outrageously expensive stuff. so i can't wait to see what else you put up here, because i know you have good taste! lol love ya, Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I cant wait to hear that you've bought some of my suggestions!! :)

    ReplyDelete