Saturday, July 17, 2010

absolutely alluring..

My summer began with a trip to Chicago with my faithful traveler and best friend. Loving the city life as much as we do we set out to experience as much of the city as we could. We not so secretly wish that our present lives would be engulfed and rapidly changed into the big city life we've always dreamed of.

Well, during my very first trip to Chicago, I wanted to take everything all in. The life, the food, the city culture, and of course the shopping. Michigan Avenue became my frenemy. I loved looking at all the designer stores and shops. Instantly I was whisked away into a state of "I wish"into a sort of whirlwind romance. I call Michigan Ave. a frenemy because we seemed to walk up and down it  for miles on end, shopped for a little, walked some more, and well..my feet hurt.

The reason I recap this moment is just a few days ago the August issue of Allure magazine arrived in my hand. Of course I love this magazine for the latest in beauty trends and beauty bargains. I thought to myself as I drank my strong Pilon cup of coffee, how great would it be if I was reading this magazine, with my coffe, my Fox and Obel Apple Jelly with toast, and my girls in the balcony of a cute downtown Chicago apartment. *wishful thinking* I know, especially with a teacher's salary...but a girl can dream.

This issue has some great features and prompted me to create a small wish list. I hope to blog about them in the near future.

*MY WISH LIST*
1. Maybelline Volum Express Mascara: The Falsies
2. O.P.I Designer series nailpolish, all shades
3. Essie Nailpolish, all shades
3. Clinique Different Lipstick in Angelic
4. Covergirl Smoky Shadowblast
5. Sarah Jessica Parker's new perfume SJP NYC
6. Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow in Glacial Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment